Wellness Weigh™ Program
Are you feeling overwhelmed with how to make changes in your health?
Asheville Gynecology & Wellness has developed a program to give you the tools and support to make these changes.
Asheville Gynecology & Wellness has created an individualized wellness program to meet your needs. Wellness Weigh™ incorporates several different approaches including an introduction to mindfulness, breathing and relaxation strategies for stress reduction, acupuncture, menu planning, and nutrition education and concepts based on the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) Food For Life programs. Food For Life is an evidenced-based approach to nutrition developed by the PCRM. It provides participants with tools for reversing disease that in the process typically leads to weight loss.
With your participation in the Wellness Weigh™ program, you will have the support you need to be successful in achieving your goals. There are weekly appointments, membership in a closed Facebook group intended for Food For Life participants and graduates of Asheville Gynecology & Wellness’s teaching programs, and occasional gatherings with other people at various stages in their own changes and transitions to healthier lifestyles.
Wellness Weigh™ is an evidence based Whole Food Plant Based approach
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Reduces Blood Sugar
- Improves Type 2 diabetes
- Reduces Weight
Our desire is to help you develop attainable goals and to help guide you through the changes you can make to improve your health.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Weekly visits with a focus on a healthful approach
- Five weeks with nutrition education using curriculum from PCRM
- Individual visit to review menu planning
- Individual visit for instruction on breathing and meditation
- Individual visit for an acupuncture or acupressure session
- Resource lists will be provided
- One copy of Wellness Weigh™ (by Dr. Vicky Scott), a booklet designed to facilitate and support your participation
- One copy of 21-day Weight Loss Kick Start (by Dr. Neil Barnard), a book that can serve as a useful reference
- Your team includes a physician, nurse practitioner, an acupuncturist, and other support staff.
This mind-body-spirit approach can give you the support needed to make the changes we know you can make.